Chambers History

Simon Bird QC is Head of Chambers. Chambers moved from 2 Harcourt Buildings to Francis Taylor Building at the beginning of 2007; this was to secure the best quality of facilities for the clients of Chambers as well as accommodating expansion within Chambers. Francis Taylor Building was built in 1957 to the designs of Sir Edward Maufe, replacing buildings destroyed in the Blitz. The site was formerly occupied by the Exchequer Office (1665, rebuilt in 1830) and part of Tanfield Court buildings (1881). Tanfield Court (on the west side of the range, now part of Church Court) was named after Sir Lawrence Tanfield (d. 1625). The name of the present building commemorates Sir Francis Kyffin Taylor QC, later Lord Maenan (d. 1951), a bencher of the Inner Temple for 46 years.

1920 - 1950 W.H Cartwright Sharp KC

1950 - 1965 Eric Blain QC, later Mr. Justice Blain

1965 - 1997 Peter Boydell QC

1997 - 2001 Gerard Ryan QC

2001 - 2011 Robin Purchas QC

2012 - 2022 Andrew Tait QC

Hugh Forbes QC
Later Mr. Justice Forbes

Michael Mann QC
Later Lord Justice Mann

Sir John Drinkwater QC

Roy Vandermeer OBE QC

Sir Michael Harrison
Formerly Mr. Justice Harrison

Shelia Cameron CBE QC

Lord Justice Lindblom

Lord Kingsland QC

Daniel Robins QC

Charles George QC, formerly Dean of the Arches and Auditor of the Chancery Court of York

Andrew Newcombe QC

Robert Fookes

Jonathan Milner

Dr Charles Mynors